T1D Exchange was founded on the belief that people affected by type 1 diabetes need better solutions faster – better treatments and better care.
This nonprofit organization takes an innovative approach that puts the community of people touched by type 1 diabetes at the center of research that will meaningfully impact their lives.
Their integrated research model offers researchers access to aggregated clinical, biological, patient-reported outcomes and electronic health record data, all while fostering collaboration among patients, physicians, researchers and industry.
The goal of the Diabetes Innovation Challenge is to:
- Identify the most promising innovations in diabetes with a special interest in insulin-dependent diabetes
- Present these ideas to a robust network of funders, investors, and partners from academia, industry, and government and nonprofit organizations
- Award the top innovations from the competition with cash and in-kind support
Sponsors of the challenge are currently seeking innovations in:
- Automated Insulin Devices (Artificial Pancreas) and related components
- Technology Design/Disease Management
2018 Awards include:
- First Place: $50,000 cash prize with up to $100,000 in-kind services
- Second Place: $25,000 cash prize with up to $50,000 in-kind services
- Third Place: $10,000 cash prize with up to $25,000 in-kind services
- People's Choice: Will be presented to the applicant who receives the most votes during public voting
Want to learn more or register to apply? Click here!
Applications are now open and being accepted through January, 31st 2018.
The T1D Diabetes Innovation Challenge is proudly powered by Skild.